As an Antenatal Doula I offer one-to-one sessions. I provide parents with some dedicated time to ex-plore their feelings, fears and desires about pregnancy, labour and parenthood. The individual nature of these sessions ensures that you and your partner can approach the birth of your baby with the feeling of confidence, giving you the best opportunity to have the birth you want.
Antenatal Doula sessions run in the evening and comprise of two, two-hour sessions in your home and is aimed at increasing your confidence and that of your partner.
If you need a weekend date I am happy to fit in whenever possible.
Your partner should be present for at least the second antenatal doula session.
Antenatal Doula Session One
- Optimal foetal positioning.
(Getting your baby into the right position can make the difference between a tough labour and an easy one. We will look at how to maximise your chances of baby starting in the right position.)
- Your feelings about your pregnancy and the birth.
- How you want your birth to be.
- Prenatal bonding with your baby.
- Review pregnancy and personal history.
- Your feelings about pregnancy and the birth.
- Your preconceptions about birth.
- Strategies for increasing the chances of having the birth you want.
- Opening up negative thoughts.
- Relaxation practice.
- Discuss your birth plan.
Antenatal Doula Session Two
It is advisable that your partner is present for this antenatal doula session.
- The labour and birth environment.
- Pain management.
- Use of movement.
- Breathing techniques.
- Review issues which commonly arise.
- What to pack and what not to pack.
- Relaxation techniques.
- Breastfeeding basics and tips.
- Specially for the partner: how to support a labouring woman.
- Rehearsing the birth
- Movement and breathing.
- It is best if your partner is present at this session, if he/she cannot be present at all sessions.