Hello my name is Amanda Denton. I am a highly qualified childcare professional with over 22 years of experience. I have numerous qualifications and have a wealth of knowledge and experience with expectant mothers, newborn babies through to teenagers.
I started my career in childcare in 1996, training as a Nursery Nurse before becoming a Teachers Assistant, Nanny and a Maternity Nurse, recognised and certified Birth and Postnatal Doula with Doula UK. I am also a qualified and certified Placenta Encapsulation Specialist and a Phlebotomist certified, qualified and trained in the procurement of stem cells and cord blood.
Since becoming a Birth Doula I have had the privilege to attend homebirths, hospital births, and waterbirths. I have experience in natural, active births using birth pools and/or gas and air and Hypnobirthing births. I have supported births that have included the use of epidural or pethidine, and a few labours that have ended in ventouse or caesarean deliveries. As a postnatal doula I have helped many clients in their transition to parenthood and have subsequently been their doula for a second and third time .
As you can see from my qualifications listed below, I have a wide range of knowledge and experience and constantly strive to further my knowledge.
- UK’s first Registered and approved placenta specialist by Environmental Health
- Verified by Environmental Health for exceeding requirements for health and safety legislation
- All Placenta Practice cosmetics hold Product Safety Reports (Safety Assessments) in compliance with European Union regulation 1223/2009. Our creams and balms are all natural, using 100% organic ingredients. Every single one is individually handmade and our unique formulas mean they are safe to use from birth.
- BTEC Diploma in Nursery Nursing 1996
- Birth and Postnatal Doula with Doula UK
- IPEN Placenta Encapsulation Specialist
- First Placenta Encapsulation Specialist to be Registered and approved by Environmental Health
- Verified by Environmental Health for exceeding requirements for health and safety legislation.
- Phlebotomist- trained in the procurement of umbilical cord blood and stem cells
- Professional Public and Product Liability Insurance in Placenta Encapsulation
- Nutrition For Pregnancy and Baby
- Full Disclosure and Barring Service clearance
- Pro Infection Control Certificate UK NICE and HSE Blood Borne Pathogens Standard
- Level 2 Certificate in Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP)
- Food Hygiene Certificate Level 2 for Manufacturing City & Guilds Accredited
- Food Safety Hygiene Certificate Level 2 for Catering City & Guilds Accredited
- First Aid Certified with St Johns Ambulance
- OCN Maternity Nurse Practitioner Award
- MNT Post Natal Depression Certificate
- MNT Multiple Births Certificate
- Developmental Baby Massage and Movement Teacher with Peter Walker
- Active Birth Study Day – Janet Balaskas
- Birth Crisis Workshop – Sheila Kitzinger
- Biological Nurturing Seminar – Dr Suzzane Colson
- Breastfeeding Workshop – Ruth Tamir
- Breastfeeding Workshop Level 1 & 2- Nurturing Birth
- Hypnobirthing Workshop – Lisa Jackson
- Supporting a Lotus Birth Study Day
- Rebozo for Pregnancy and Childbirth by School of Babywearing
- Spinning Babies Workshop – Gail Tully
- Water Birth Study Day – Dianne Garland
- Womb Healing Workshop- Bushra Finch
- Organiser and attendee workshop- Mark Harris